Christine Tjia

= All is well in my world =

= NRJIICDS =
= Buddies =
= Clickies =
5/02/2011

Italy

Pondered by = Christine =




















Standing with my four wheeled luggage in my hand, I took a deep breath at Malpensa airport in Milan. A chilly breeze reminds me that I am FINALLY in Italy.

"So, this is how living your dream feels like, eh?"

I looked up into the big blue sky and smiled, "Thank you".

To many, Italy could be a travel destination, a holiday break or even a fashion shopping spree. But for me, it's a dream - A dream I had since I was 17. Yes, it took me this long to go. I'm not sure why but I'm glad it is at this stage of my life I went. I used to think, I should travel with my dearest friends or save it for a special occasion like honeymoon perhaps.

But I hv come to realize, there ain't no special moment, no special day, no special occasion. This moment is special for a reason. Today is special because it is a gift and that's why it's call Present. Every occasion is special in its way - be it the way you like or not: it is special nevertheless.

My dream is just to meet my dearest friend again, whom I last seen when I was 17. It was a promise that we made in tears that we will one day see each other again. To teenagers with no money of their own, flying over the ocean seems impossible. We don't know when, we don't know how but we know the friendship we had built all these years will still be the same when that day comes. And that day did come. Our bond is indeed still the same. The differences is we were girls back then and we are now matured into ladies. I thank God each and every day for making this happen.

I couldn't be happier.
The trip couldn't be more prefect.
The companions couldn't be more awesome.

Although 24th March - 2nd April is quite a short trip but I am VERY glad I took the leap and gotten my feet wet in Italy because I now have the unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime. =)

Pic - http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/10/1069/2PPL000Z/posters/douglas-john-map-of-italy.jpg


3 Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I need a Like click spot to do a 1000 click. Congratulation Christine Tjia...!

'magicbroom' said...

Congratulations for living your dream. So what's the new dream ... :)

xoxo Broom

Anonymous said...

a partner!!!!(;

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright © 2010 Christine Tjia, All rights reserved